-
March 7th, 2003, 03:18 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm not going to be too specific 'cause I used to be an amateur magician and I learned the stuff about 'never show your hand' applies to fiction as much as to illusions. ^_^ But I do have an overall strategy question...
I keep debating between two potential ways to do the story climax.
On the one hand, there's the way that I know Yuki Kaori would do it if this was actually her story.
On the other hand, there's the way that I think makes it a story with more structural integrity.
On the third hand, thanks to the wonders of hyperlinks, there's nothing saying I couldn't write both and let people read whichever one they liked...
At the moment I'm leaning toward option #3, but what do other people think?
I'm going to try to work it out to write both. But if I can't work it out that one critical scene changes between two versions and everything else is the same, would you rather see the "authentic" version or the "makes-sense" version? ^^;;;;
(As much as I admire Yuki Kaori as an artist and a writer, I have to admit that internal logic is not a strong point of all of her story resolutions. Some of them, yes, but not all...)
-
March 7th, 2003, 05:11 PM
#2
Inactive Member
errr.. @______@ I'd say... "makes sense" I think... won by 51 to 50 thought ^^;;; both would be nice. [and what's happpening to the yami/cain fic? T___T]
-
March 7th, 2003, 05:54 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I've been wondering that too! (taking out stick and poking at character-writers) Come on, guys, I've been wanting to give you a couple "in-scene days" to have the characters get to know each other and/or get to love/hate each other before I step forward into the next part of my "Evil Overlord Editor" scheme.
What would that be, you ask? Well, even if you don't ask, here's the answer: the Omniscient (or at least Likes To Fake It) Narrator is going to start dropping plot-bombs and/or corpses on the scene and seeing how characters react to trials by fire... ^_^
(sweatdrop) so it really would be kinder to give them a little on-stage time chance to settle in before the plot-bombs start going off in the main storyline, right?
And am I the only one who's got an idea for a nocturne...?
-
March 7th, 2003, 08:19 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Either way sounds good to me...hehe...if you wrote two endings I'd read both of them. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
March 8th, 2003, 01:58 AM
#5
Inactive Member
You lost me half way through (again.... refrain from commenting... ^^; ), but I think I got the general gist. I think I'm leaning towards option three as well. And if it doen't work out, the "make-sense" version.
Man, I'm getting paranoid. After no one tried to respond after my last chapter-post (???), I began thinking maybe I wrote something that no one liked or didn't fit in with the rest of the story. T_T
So if anyone wants to rescue lil ol' me from panic-attacks so I can study in peace for my half-yearly in two weeks, please post a chapter. Or I'm going to be forced to write more terrible TsuxHis chapters to fill up the gaps whilst studying for chem. And may I add, I suck at sexual innuendo and multi-tasking. You really don't want to see me writing something like Muraki(g) + Hisoka(l) reacts to form MonoMuraki DiHioxide(aq) where once the equilbrium is disrupted, tends to... anyway, you get the idea.
As for the nocturne, what exactly is it? The night-time counterpart KnM?
-
March 8th, 2003, 02:03 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I think I'll actualy do another chapter, as short as the previous thought.
and I don't know what is night timeline neither. there is a day and a night timeline?
-
March 8th, 2003, 01:32 PM
#7
Inactive Member
^_^;; Well... in order to have part of the KnM story going in the same direction despite mulltiple authors, I've got ideas for how to nudge the "daytime" part of the story toward the "the shinigami are there to sort out who ought to be alive and dead and what to do about it" idea.
Whereas I figure everybody's got different ideas of who ought to be paired up with whom for various romantic/non-romantic/whatever trysts, so the "nighttime" sequences don't have a plot other than "isolate two or more characters and see what they do with each other", and they don't necessarily have to match up with each other or with what anyone else wrote; the nighttime idea is an excuse for people to play around with characters without having to worry about plot continuity... ^_^;;
-
March 8th, 2003, 05:05 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Well, it looked like those all had intentions of being "in continuity" with the daytime plotline somehow or other, so that's why I started a "nocturnes" thread for anyone who wanted to play around with something that might or might not be in continuity.
(There's no rule saying that "you can't write about an event having to do with the 'daytime' plotline just because it happens to be set at night...")
So if anyone has a scene related to getting people to know each other and to daytime plot stuff without particularly insane out-of-characterness, I figure that can go in the daytime plot thread no problem. (And I can SO see Hisoka getting ticked at Tsuzuki about bagel crumbs in their bed... ^_~)
On the other hand, if someone wants to dress Dr. J up in a frothy petticoat stolen from Hisoka's closet and fling him into the arms of Watari under the influence of some potion or other, I figure that belongs in the nighttime plot thread so the rest of us don't have to figure out how to write *around* it while trying to get plot done... ^^;;;
does this make any sense at all...? ^^;;
-
March 8th, 2003, 05:16 PM
#9
Inactive Member
for me it does anyway. Sio that means my part on watari+Dr Jez-that-no-one-ever-read-or-respond-to would go in the night plot, right?
now, I have further plans for those both, but maybe not the dress ^^; I was more thinking of Tsuzuki...
-
March 9th, 2003, 04:25 AM
#10
Inactive Member
so, If I get this straight (*snickers* okay, -straight- isn't a word the applies here *cough* sorry for the lameness of that joke) , we all did the night timeline without knowig=ng instead of the day one? ^^; beacuse I hadn't seen much action other then trowing caracters together in various positions ... ne?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks